Table of Contents
- What is Target credit card?
- 1. Is the Target Credit Card worth it?
- 2. How to apply for a Target credit card?
- 3. How to access the Target credit card login page?
- 4. How to pay Target credit card？
- 5. How to Check Target Credit Card Balance?
- 6.How to Cancel Target Credit Card?
- 7. When to Call Target Credit Card Customer Service?
What is Target credit card?
The Target RED charge card is a natural sight to Target customers. The line of REDcards available from Target include a debit card and a credit card, the Target Mastercard. Target compensates all cardholders with rebates, free delivering, expanded return periods, and progress ahead of time on deals and different occasions. Clients who have a Target store credit card receive the extra reward of paying for buys after some time. Here’s what you need to know about how to apply for a credit card with Target.
1. Is the Target Credit Card worth it?
What you can get by Target REDcard™ Credit Card
- get 5% off every day shopping at Target, you can get the latest target coupons and deals from here
- You can access to special events, products & promotions
- exclusive extras, including special items, offers & get 10% off coupon on your REDcard anniversary
- free shipping on most items at Target.com
- 30 extra days for returns
- online account management
- stack your 5% REDcard™ savings with Cartwheel and Target Subscriptions savings
Other Target REDcard Benefits:
In addition to all the money-saving tips you’ll get with this credit card, you can appreciate the comfort of dealing with your REDcard on the web. Simply enter your Target login data from your laptop or cell phone and you’ll be able to view your transaction history, keep an eye out for fraud, enroll for paperless statements, set alarms and even add another approved client to your card.
2. How to apply for a Target credit card?
Target credit card approval requirements:
- you must be 18 years oldat least and have a U.S. address to apply this card
- you need social security number and one of the following: driver’s license, state ID, or military ID
- Target Credit Card can only be used at Target stores and on Target.com
- By applying for the Target Credit Card, you are providing contact information to TD Bank USA, N.A. and Target Corporation for their use, including marketing.
- If approved, you can start saving 5% instantly by shopping with your new card on Target.com
Applying for a Target Credit Card
The debit card approval process includes verifying an applicant’s identity and bank information. Target credit cardcandidates should likewise meet credit and wage necessities. You can submit a Target REDcard application online, via mail or in person. TD Bank will issue your card after your application has been endorsed. Here are three ways to apply for a Target credit card:
Apply Online for a Target Card
You can easily apply for a Target credit card online. Take advantage of this convenient option and follow these steps to apply online:
- Gather Social Security number, driver’s license, state ID or military ID number, and gross annual income.
- Navigate to the Target credit card application page at target.com.
- Complete each page by entering the required information, and click “Continue.”
- On the last page, click “Submit” after reviewing your information.
Apply in Person for a Target Card
You can apply for a Target credit card in person at your local Target using the steps below. Be sure to bring your driver’s license.
- Navigate to Target’s Find a Store page, then enter your ZIP code or city and state to find your nearest store location.
- At the store, have your driver’s license handy.
- Visit a store cashier and ask to apply for a Target REDcard.
- Give the cashier your license, and receive instant credit approval if you qualify.
Apply by Mail for a Target Credit Card
The third way to apply for a Target REDcard is by mail. Here’s how to find and submit a paper application for a Target REDcard:
- Get a paper Target REDcard application from your local Target store or navigate to a downloadable PDF version by clicking the “Apply by Mail button” on the Target REDcard website homepage.
- Read the information page to review the card’s annual percentage rate, late- and returned-payment penalties, and other conditions of applying for and using the card.
- Complete the application in its entirety.
- Mail the application to Target Card Services, to the address printed on the form.
You can check the status of your application calling by Target Guest Relations at 800-440-0680 and selecting the option for questions about Target debit and credit cards.
3. How to access the Target credit card login page?
- Visit the login page of Target credit card by typing in the homepage address.
- Input your “Username”& “password”
- Then you enter the “Submit”.
4. How to pay Target credit card？
Frequent shoppers at Target will benefit greatly from the store’s well know REDcard, which offers 5% off all Target purchases, free shipping on items that purchased on the store’s website and extended returns. After you apply for a Target Credit Card and are approved, look at the following options for making payments.
Make a Target REDcard Payment in Person
In case you’re running errands, you can swing by your neighborhood Target store to make your REDcard payment. Go to the Guest Services work area and have your billing statement or credit card ready so the attendant will be able to look into your record number. With the account number, the worker will accept your Target REDcard payment and apply it to your account.
Make a Target REDcard Payment by Mail
Each month Target REDcard credit card holders will receive a paper statement in the mail. Customers can tear off the stub at the bottom and send it in with their payment in the provided envelope. If you happen to misplace the statement, use the following payment address:
Target Card Services
P.O. Box 660170
Dallas, TX 75266-0170
When sending your payment minus the stub, add your Target REDcard account number to the memo section of the check so Target will know which account should be credited. You’ll also want to send your payment five to seven days before the due date to make sure it arrives on time. All payments are posted the day they are received.
Make a Target REDcard Payment by Phone
Another way to make your credit card payment is to contact Target via the Target REDcard customer service team at 1-800-424-6888. Follow the request to speak with a Target customer service representative. Once you make a payment, it will post to your account within two business days.
Make a Target REDcard Payment Online
- To make a Target.com REDcard payment online, enter your username and password on the Target login page.
- Once the Manage My REDcard screen appears, click “Schedule a Payment” under the “Payment Information” tab on the left side of your screen.
- Follow the prompts to have your payment made through your savings or checking account.
As long as you make your payment before 5 p.m. Central Standard Time, it will post the same day. You can even use the online portal to schedule payments 30 days ahead, which means your payments will never be late.
5. How to Check Target Credit Card Balance?
The easiest way to check your balance is to enroll in online banking at the website(you can click). You can also call Target’s customer service at: 888.755.5856
6.How to Cancel Target Credit Card?
- Login to your REDcard account.
- Make the balance “Zero”. You could make a purchase, do a bill pay or withdraw from an ATM.
- Go to Menu on the top right corner, and select “settings”
- At the bottom, you cansee an option to “Close Account”
- Givea reason and confirm the cancellation
- You will still be able to login for 90 days to access previous statements
7. When to Call Target Credit Card Customer Service?
Target allows you to access and control many of the functions of your REDcard account by using the “Manage my REDcard” function of the Target website. Here are seven times when it makes the most sense to call customer service:
When You Lose Your Card
For a lost or stolen REDcard, call customer service right away at 800-424-6888. Prompt reporting is necessary. Note that calling is the only way to report a card as lost or stolen. Target is unable to accept missing credit card reports on their website or through email.
When Your Account Is Locked
When you are trying to access your account and incorrectly answer a security question, Target might lock your account. The only way to solve this is to call Target at 800-394-1829.
When You Need to Dispute a Transaction
When you see suspicious activity on your account or need to dispute a transaction, call Target card customer service at 800-424-6888. To protect your rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act, follow up your call with a letter to Target at:
TD Bank USA, N.A.
c/o Target Card Services
P.O. Box 9500
Minneapolis, MN 55440-9500
When You Change Your Name
To keep your account information current, you’ll need to update your name. If you need to change the name on your Target account, contact Target customer service at 800-424-6888.
When You Want to Change Your Billing Date
Note that this option applies only to Target REDcard credit card only. Call 800-424-6888 to ask about changing your billing date to a different time of the month.
When You’re Struggling Financially
In some cases, resources might be available for you if you call customer service at 800-424-6888.
When You’re Unsure a Communication From Target Is Authentic
Be cautious about clicking any connections in messages or answering to solicitations to confirm data. Contact Target Card Services at 800-394-1829 or visit your Target account independently by typing the site in your browser. You can check your Target REDcard application status, see your balance and audit proclamations and transaction history on the web.
Target’s REDcard is a great financial product for people who frequently shop at the store for everyday purchases on necessary items like toiletries, household goods, school supplies, and clothing. There’s no annual fee and the automatic 5% off orders is an excellent way to save even more money when you do your regular shopping.