Table of Contents
Do you remember the last time you descale your coffee maker? I guess many people often forget to descale the coffee maker after a long time use because they always say “it’s been a while since I last cleaned it.” However, calcium deposits, scales, and other unwanted things would begin to build inside your coffee maker after months of use. Although all these things are non-toxic, they can hinder your coffee maker performance. In such case, descaling your coffee maker is imperative. But how to descale coffee maker? Is there any effective method that people can use? Yes, there is!
Today, I would like to recommend some tips on how to descale your coffee maker. Just a few steps can improve the performance of your coffee maker and make coffee taste good. Let’s take Keurig Coffee Maker, one of the most common coffee maker brands, for example.
- Please unplug your Keurig coffee maker. It is the simple but important step to keep you safe before you get started.
- Remove water from the water reservoir.
- Disassemble all the removable parts, such as the lid, mug stand, and the K-cup holder.
- Also, remove the Keurig water filter if there is one.
- Now, wash all these little pieces with just warm water and a clean cloth.
- Wipe the surface of your Keurig coffee maker with a clean cloth including areas like coffee pod holder.
- The First Descaling Process: Pour half of the vinegar or Keurig Descaling Solution into the water reservoir, and fill the left space of water reservoir with water. Heinz White Vinegar and Keurig Descaling Solution are both very useful for descaling.
- Put a large mug or bowl on the drip tray, select a 10 oz brew size, and turn on the power button to descale the inner water reservoir by lifting and lowering the handle. With a mixture of water and vinegar or Keurig Descaling Solution, the lime, bacteria, and scale buildup can be removed thoroughly. Don’t forget to pour the “special coffee” of the coffee mug into the sink.
- The Second Descaling Process: Please do the last step of “making coffee” again until the touch display shows “More water please.” All the unwanted things will be discarded effectively in thirty minutes.
- The Last Descaling Process: Pour fresh water into the water reservoir after you finish the previous step. It should be noted that the water reservoir should be filled but not beyond the max fill line.
- Place a mug or bowl on the drip tray in the same way, select the largest brew size, and turn on the power button again. This process is kind of like that you are making coffee.
- Please reassemble all these pieces when you finish the cleaning process.
- Now, it’s time to make a great cup of coffee for you as a reward!
Apart from the above general instructions, there are some extra notes that you should also know.
- It is the best way to use bottled or spring water to descale your coffee maker instead of using softened or distilled water, according to the Keuring website.
- Keurig Descaling Solution is highly recommended to descale harmful bacteria, lime, and scales. The reasons are the following. Keurig Descaling Solution is officially approved by Keuring, so you can use it with no worries. People can buy Keurig Descaling Solution at common stores like Amazon, eBay, and Kmart, which is quite convenient. By the way, it is natural when you see some foams during the descaling process because the solution is reacting with the scales inside.
- Maybe you should try to descale the entry and exit needles when your Keurig coffee maker is not performing well. And you can click here to see Keuring video that tells you where to find and how to clean these little pieces.
- It is useful to discard debris by forcing air through the water line with a straw.
There are some products you may need:
Keurig Coffee Maker
Keurig: $99.99-$189.99 BUY NOW
- Sign up at Keuring to enjoy 15% off first order
- Save 20% on sitewide
- Get 20% off coffee makers
- Find Keuring coupons and deals
Keurig Water Filter Refill Cartridges
Walmart: $12.48 BUY NOW
- Free two-day shipping on orders over $35
- Find Walmart coupon and coupon codes
eBay: $12.7 BUY NOW
- Browse more eBay coupons and deals
Heinz White Vinegar
Instacart: $3.89 BUY NOW
- Save up to 40% on everyday essentials
- Free deliver with select products
- Open more Instacart coupons
Freshdirect: $2.19 BUY NOW
- Get $25 off first orders over $99
- Save more with freshdirect coupons
Keurig Descaling Solution
Amazon: $10.4 BUY NOW
- Save 13% on Keurig Descaling Solution
- Free shipping on orders over $25
- Get more Amazon promo codes and deals
Target: $10.49 BUY NOW
- Free two-day delivery on orders over $35
- Up to 75% off clearance clothing
- Get more Target promo codes and coupons
Keuring 2.0 Needle Cleaning Tool
Sears: $39.78 BUY NOW
- $5 off orders over $50
- $35 off orders over 300
- Free shipping on orders over $35
- See more Sears coupons and deals
These are the tips I would like to share with you. As long as you follow these tips, you will never worry about contents like calcium deposits, scales, and other unwanted things in your Keurig coffee maker.
If you want to know more about related tips, please check my guide regularly. And if you have some tips that you want to share, please leave your review below.